Sunday, December 18, 2011

Avocado Slushie Recipe


Here's a real quick and easy recipe for an icy cold avocado slushie that is sweet, creamy and refreshing. It's also a great way to use up any leftover avocados and makes a healthy and nutricious treat for the kids too. I managed to convince little J that it's ice-cream and he absolutely loves it!


Avocado Slushie

Ingredients

1 large avocado
3/4 cup cold fresh milk
3 tbsp caster sugar
About 1 cup ice cubes
Mint for garnish (optional)

Method

Cut the avocado in half and discard the seed. Scoop out the avocado flesh and place in a blender (or using a stick blender together with the rest of the ingredients. Blend until smooth and pour into glasses. Garnish with mint and serve immediately.

Note: You can add a tiny drop of vanilla extract if desired, or stir through some crushed mint leaves, and perhaps consider a splash of Malibu rum too if you like!

5 comments:

Heidi @ Food Doodles said...

Yummy! I love how simple this is. I think it would be really good with mint blended into it too, or just crushed and mixed in like you recommended :D Will have to try this when we have extra avocados.

Anonymous said...

This makes me so happy! Love this idea!

smbp said...

I have always been weary on "green smoothies" this though may have converted me into a believer!

Elizabeth said...

I tried this today because a friend had avocados she needed to eat. I didn't have high hopes because I don't really like avocados. But man! This was really good! We added a lot of vanilla and a little bit more sugar to make it sweeter. And because we didn't have mint, we made mint tea to make up for it, haha.

Fern @ To Food With Love said...

Awesome! I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed it too! Thanks!